- Recommended Citation:
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy - YCELP - Yale University, Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University, World Economic Forum - WEF and Joint Research Centre - JRC - European Commission. 2005. 2005 Environmental Sustainability Index (ESI). Palisades, NY: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/data/set/esi-environmental-sustainability-index-2005. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
- Download this Citation:
Please check the Research Note field for issues pertaining to importing authors that are organizations.
ENW Use this format for EndNote and RefWorks software.
RIS Use this format for ProCite, Reference Manager and Zotero software.
The Environmental Sustainability Index was formally released in Davos, Switzerland, at the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum on Friday, 28 January 2005 (press release). The full report in PDF format is available for download below.
2005 ESI Report:
- Complete 2005 ESI - (17.7 MB)
- Summary for Policymakers Brochure - Eight-page summary of main 2005 ESI findings (716 KB)
- Main Report - (550 KB)
- Appendix A: Methodology - (106 KB)
- Appendix B: Country Profiles - (2.8 MB)
- Appendix C: Variable Profiles and Data - (1.1 MB)
- Appendix D: Component and Indicator Tables - (2.4 MB)
- Appendix E: ESI Values in Small States - (63 KB)
- Appendix F: Comparing ESI with Other Sustainability Indicators - (257 KB)
- Appendix G: An Ideal Set of ESI Indicators (95 KB)
- Appendix H: Critiques and Responses - (97 KB)
- Appendix I: Published Citations to the ESI - (83 KB)
2005 ESI Data: