- To provide a vector (point) version of the input administrative units used in GPWv4 with population estimates for use in data integration.
- Gridded Population of the World, Version 4 (GPWv4) Administrative Unit Center Points with Population Estimates consists of UN-adjusted estimates of human population counts and densities for the years 2000, 2005, 2010, 2015 and 2020 by administrative unit center point (centroid) location. Specifically, the population data were adjusted to the 2015 Revision of UN World Population Prospects. The center points are based on approximately 12.5 million input administrative units used in GPWv4. Additionally, the administrative unit names, unit areas, and data context of the units are included.
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University. 2016. Gridded Population of the World, Version 4 (GPWv4): Administrative Unit Center Points with Population Estimates. Palisades, NY: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). http://dx.doi.org/10.7927/H4F47M2C. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
- Available Formats:
- vector, tabular, database, map