- To provide tabular data on the trends of chlorophyll-a concentration on a pixel by pixel basis for identifying areas with improving, declining, and stable coastal water quality that can provide guidance for decision making in the context of coastal management.
- The Change in Chlorophyll-a Concentrations 1998-2007 component of the Indicators of Coastal Water Quality Collection represents a tabular time series of the chlorophyll-a concentrations for each grid cell, derived from the "Indicators of Coastal Water Quality: Annual Chlorophyll-a Concentration 1998-2007" data set. Chlorophyll-a concentrations are derived from NASA's Sea-viewing Wide Field-of-view Sensor (SeaWiFS). The grid cells are organized by country, and the percentage of change from 1998-2007 is calculated for each cell. Each time series was assessed with a linear regression, and cells with statistically significant trends in chlorophyll-a concentrations are identified. The rows of the table are linked to a sequence grid from the "Indicators of Coastal Water Quality: Ancillary Data" collection to facilitate the mapping of the trend values for selected countries and areas of interest. The data are processed and compiled by the Columbia University Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN).
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Goddard Space Flight Center - GSFC, and Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University. 2009. Indicators of Coastal Water Quality: Change in Chlorophyll-a Concentration 1998-2007. Palisades, NY: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). http://dx.doi.org/10.7927/H48W3B88. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the journal article of record, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
- Available Formats:
- tabular, map, map service