- To provide tabular data on environmental conditions (elevations, climate, coastal) in which people reside.
- The Population, Landscape, And Climate Estimates, Version 2 (PLACE II) data set contains estimates of national-level aggregations of territorial extent and population size by biome, climate zone, coastal proximity zone, elevation zone, and population density zone, a compendium of nearly 300 variables for 228 countries. This data set is produced by the Columbia University Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN).
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University. 2007. National Aggregates of Geospatial Data Collection: Population, Landscape, And Climate Estimates, Version 2 (PLACE II). Palisades, NY: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). http://dx.doi.org/10.7927/H4JW8BSC. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the journal article of record, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
- Available Formats:
- map, tabular, map service