- To provide tabular data on environmental conditions (elevations, climate, coastal) in which people reside.
- The Population, Landscape, And Climate Estimates, Version 2 (PLACE II) data set contains estimates of national-level aggregations of territorial extent and population size by biome, climate zone, coastal proximity zone, elevation zone, and population density zone, a compendium of nearly 300 variables for 228 countries. This data set is produced by the Columbia University Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN).
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University. 2007. National Aggregates of Geospatial Data Collection: Population, Landscape, And Climate Estimates, Version 2 (PLACE II). Palisades, NY: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). http://dx.doi.org/10.7927/H4JW8BSC. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
- Available Formats:
- map, tabular, map service