- View Recommended Citation(s)
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University, and NatureServe. 2008. Gridded Species Distribution, Version 1: Mammals of the Americas Presence Grids. Palisades, NY: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/data/set/species-v1-americas-mammal-presence. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
These grids are available in .BIL format and are distributed in two forms:
- "original grids" that include grid values designating the status of occurrence (e.g., 1 = extant, 2 = possibly present, 3 = probably extinct, etc.), and
- "presence grids" that represent the "extant" category of the original grids as a grid value of "1," and all other areas as "0" (see About the Data ).