- View Recommended Citation(s)
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN. 1996. Archive of Census Related Products (ACRP): 1990 Census Block Statistics. Palisades, New York: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). https://doi.org/10.7927/H43X84KH. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
These data files contain population and housing data extracted from the 1990 STF1B database on CDROM. The population items include total population, age, race, and hispanic origin. The housing items include number of housing units, tenure, room density, mean contract rent, mean value, and mean number of rooms. Some data items are fairly limited in descriptive information. In addition, the records contain relevant information from geographic header records which includes land area, water area, centroids, MSA codes, place codes, and special area codes. These data files are identified as population census blocks (xblk).
- For zero population and housing unit counts, the data files are identified as non-populated census blocks (zblk). Geographic header information is included with the "zblk" files.
- Both the populated and non-populated census block records contain a POLID field which corresponds to the POLID in the boundary files based on TIGER92. These data are organized by state using the county FIPS code.
These files can be found in the state directories:
directory path: /pub/census/usa/stf/xx/csvblk (where xx represents the state postal codes)
Comma Separated Value (.csv)