- View Recommended Citation(s)
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
United States Census Bureau - USCB. 1990. Public Use Microdata Samples (PUMS). Palisades, New York: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). https://doi.org/10.7927/H41V5BWK. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
- Data dictionaries which contain a full technical description of the PUMS data in text format. The series contains the decennial year 1940 through 1990. An additional file contains the 15% sample for the year 1970.
- Equivalency Tables for 1990 PUMS: relates census geography to PUMAS.
- 1% Sample
- 5% Sample
directory path: /pub/census/usa/pums
ASCII text (.asc)