- View Recommended Citation(s)
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN. 1996. Archive of Census Related Products (ACRP): 1990 Summary Tape File (STF1B). Palisades, New York: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). https://doi.org/10.7927/H4Z60KZ9. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
These files contain 100 percent data with over 1100 variables consisting of population and housing items. The population information includes age, race, sex, marital status, hispanic origin, household type, and other demographic data. They are cross tabulated by age, race, sex, or hispanic origin. The housing information includes tenure, number of units, value, number of rooms per unit, and the use of the unit.
The data files are sub-divided by geographic levels: county, county subdivision, place-within-county, tract/bna (block numbering area), blockgroup, and block and organized by state.
directory path: /pub/census/usa/stf/xx/csvblk (where xx represents the state postal codes)
NOTE:The range of information for Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin have been expanded to include three additional levels: cdrom/, extract/, and full/.
- cdrom/ - data files derived from the cdrom version of STF1B containing a dozen variables
- extract/ - data files containing 80+ variables extracted from the full STF1B database
- full/ - data files which are the full STF1B database containing more than 1,100 variables. The "header" record is a separate file.
Comma Separated Value (.csv)
stf1bxz.sas - SAS program for the xblk and zblk files.