China DimensionsFollow Us: Twitter Follow Us on Facebook YouTube Flickr | Share: Twitter Facebook
Bibliography of Chinese Administrative Geography, v1 (
1949 – 1996)
There are 75 records in the Bibliography of Chinese Administrative Geography dataset.
There are 19 variables in each of the 75 records of the dataset, they are:
- Title (WG) - The title in Wade-Giles, hyphenating all place names.
- Title (Chinese in Pinyin) - The title in pinyin, separated by syllables.
- Title (English) - The title in English, capitalizing only the first word. If the title is a translation of the Chinese title not included on the title page, then will be entered in parentheses.
- Title (Chinese Characters) - The title in Chinese characters with GB code.
- Author/editor - Individual or organization responsible for writing or editing the book or article.
- Author/editor (Chinese Characters) - The author/editor in Chinese characters, using GB code.
- Subject - Indication of the general contents of the item, be it information on boundaries, names, codes or other topics related to administrative and political divisions.
- Coverage - Geographic coverage (e.g. nation, province, prefecture, county).
- Coverage (name) - The name that best describes the region covered by the reference.
- Period - The period covered.
- Imprint - Place of publishing, publisher and date of publication, in the language of publication.
- Imprint (Chinese Characters) - Imprint information in Chinese characters with GB code.
- Pages - The number of pages.
- Location - Location of the reference if known by CITAS. Collections surveyed for database include East Asia Library at University of Washington, CITAS office collection, and Universities Service Center, CUHK.
- Call # - Library call number of the reference if known.
- ISBN - ISBN number if assigned.
- Language - Language of publication.
- Description - A brief description of the book. Entered in either Chinese or English.
- Source - Journal citation where applicable.
The Bibliography Of Chinese Administrative Geography dataset was provided by Ms. Alana Boland (Research Assistant of CITAS - University of Washington). The information collected at this dataset comes from the books archived at the library of University of Washington and the Universities Service Center at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
The Bibliography of Chinese Administrative Geography was compiled by Ms. Alana Boland (Research Assistant of CITAS - University of Washington) with the assistance of Mr. Gu Ning (Research Assistant of CITAS - University of Washington), and Ms. Alisa Chang (Research Assistant of CITAS - University of Washington).
Mr. Richard Cicone (Director of the Information Resources and Technology, CIESIN) coordinated project support by CIESIN in 1994 and 1995.
The SEDAC (Socioeconomic Data and Application Center) China task group coordinated data management at CIESIN. Contributors included: Dr. Liu Chuang (Information Scientist and China Task Leader) for coordinating between CIESIN and CITAS, and within the China task group, as well as the data checking and dataset guide; Dr. Karen C. Sullivan (Information Specialist) for the metadata records; Mr. Xiaoshi Xing (Data Systems Specialist) for archiving the data; Mrs. Clara J del Valle (Data Specialist) for permission of the data dissemination; Dr. Liu Chuang and Dr. Darryl Charache (Information Scientist) for the World Wide Web (WWW) site; Mr. Richard L. Robinson (User Services Manager) and Mr. Jack M. Evans (Data Specialist) for user support; Dr. Robert Chen (Director of Data Center Services and SEDAC Project Manager) provided overall project guidance.
China in Time and Space (CITAS), University of Washington, USA
Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN)