Compendium of Environmental Sustainability IndicatorsFollow Us: Twitter Follow Us on Facebook YouTube Flickr | Share: Twitter Facebook
Complete Collection, v1.01 (
1973 – 2005)
- View Recommended Citation(s)
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University. 2006. Compendium of Environmental Sustainability Indicator Collections: Complete Collection, Version 1.1. Palisades, New York: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). https://doi.org/10.7927/H46D5QXN. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
ENW (EndNote & RefWorks)†
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
The complete compendium of indicators and ancillary variables is available for download in Comma-Separated Values File (.csv), Stata Data Format (.dta) and Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) Data File (.sav) formats bundled in a zip file. The individual collections are available in the same formats. Please note that these zip files contain no data dictionaries - metadata must be downloaded separately (below).
Complete compendium (464 variables) [641 KB zip file]
Data Dictionary: A data dictionary for all indicators and ancillary variables is available for download in Microsoft Word (.doc), Portable Document Format (.pdf), and Microsoft Access (.mdb) formats. The metadata include indicator code, indicator name, collection name, sub-index name (if the indicator is part of a collection sub-index), date, units of measurement, source and methodology.
- SEDAC Compendium Data Dictionary MS Access Database [1.7 MB zip]
- SEDAC Compendium Data Dictionary MS Word [2.1 MB]
- SEDAC Compendium Data Dictionary PDF [1.2 MB]