- To provide a global data set of point locations and attributes describing nuclear power plants and reactors.
- The Population Exposure Estimates in Proximity to Nuclear Power Plants, Locations data set combines information from a global data set developed by Declan Butler of Nature News and the Power Reactor Information System (PRIS), an up-to-date database of nuclear reactors maintained by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). The locations of nuclear reactors around the world are represented as point features associated with reactor specification and performance history attributes as of March 2012.
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University. 2015. Population Exposure Estimates in Proximity to Nuclear Power Plants, Locations. Palisades, NY: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). https://doi.org/10.7927/H4WH2MXH. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
Butler, D. 2011. Reactors, Residents and Risk. Nature News 472 (7343): 400-401. https://doi.org/10.1038/472400a.
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
- Available Formats:
- vector, tabular, map service