Environmental Sustainability Index (ESI)Follow Us: Twitter Follow Us on Facebook YouTube Flickr | Share: Twitter Facebook
Environmental Sustainability Index, 2001 Release (
1980 – 2000)
- View Recommended Citation(s)
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
World Economic Forum - WEF - Global Leaders for Tomorrow Environment Task Force, Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy - YCELP - Yale University, and Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University. 2001. 2001 Environmental Sustainability Index (ESI). Palisades, New York: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). https://doi.org/10.7927/H4X34VDM. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
ENW (EndNote & RefWorks)†
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
The full report, sections of the report in PDF format, and the PowerPoint (.ppt) presentation, along with the data in Excel (.xls) format are below:
- 2001 ESI Report - section 1 - Main report and Annexes 1-4 [380 KB]
- 2001 ESI Report - section 2 - Annex 5, Country Reports [660 KB]
- 2001 ESI Report - section 3 - Annex 6, Variable Descriptions and Data [700 KB]
- 2001 ESI Report - Complete report includes Main report and Annexes 1-6 [1.7 MB]
- 2001 ESI powerpoint presentation [3.5 MB]
- 2001 ESI Spreadsheet - ESI, component, indicator and variable scores for all countries [130 KB]