- View Recommended Citation(s)
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy - YCELP - Yale University, Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University, World Economic Forum - WEF, and Joint Research Centre - JRC - European Commission. 2005. 2005 Environmental Sustainability Index (ESI). Palisades, NY: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). https://doi.org/10.7927/H40V89R6. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
The Environmental Sustainability Index was formally released in Davos, Switzerland, at the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum on Friday, 28 January 2005 (press release). The full report in PDF format is available for download below.
2005 ESI Report:
- Complete 2005 ESI - (17.7 MB)
- Summary for Policymakers Brochure - Eight-page summary of main 2005 ESI findings (716 KB)
- Main Report - (550 KB)
- Appendix A: Methodology - (106 KB)
- Appendix B: Country Profiles - (2.8 MB)
- Appendix C: Variable Profiles and Data - (1.1 MB)
- Appendix D: Component and Indicator Tables - (2.4 MB)
- Appendix E: ESI Values in Small States - (63 KB)
- Appendix F: Comparing ESI with Other Sustainability Indicators - (257 KB)
- Appendix G: An Ideal Set of ESI Indicators (95 KB)
- Appendix H: Critiques and Responses - (97 KB)
- Appendix I: Published Citations to the ESI - (83 KB)
2005 ESI Data: