- To provide geographical portraits of vulnerability designed to incorporate both exposure to climate change and national capacities to adapt.
- The Synthetic Assessment of Global Distribution of Vulnerability to Climate Change: Maps and Data, 2005, 2050, and 2100 data set consist of maps and vulnerability index to climate change of 100 countries based on the Vulnerability-Resilience Indicator Model (VRIM), which not only presents sensitivity to climate change stresses but allows the division of indicators into components that reflects sensitivity and adaptive capacity. It was produced in collaboration with the Wesleyan University, Joint Global Change Research Institute, University of Illinois and the Columbia University Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN).
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Yohe, G., E. Malone, A. Brenkert, M. Schlesinger, H. Meij, X. Xing, and D. Lee. 2006. Synthetic Assessment of Global Distribution of Vulnerability to Climate Change: Maps and Data, 2005, 2050, and 2100. Palisades, NY: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). https://doi.org/10.7927/H4XG9P2R. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
Yohe, G., E. Malone, A. Brenkert, M. Schlesinger, H. Meij, and X. Xing. 2006. Global Distributions of Vulnerability to Climate Change. The Integrated Assessment Journal 6 (3): 35-44. http://journals.sfu.ca/int_assess/index.php/iaj/article/download/239/.
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
- Available Formats:
- document, map, map service