Water ResourcesFollow Us: Twitter Follow Us on Facebook YouTube Flickr | Share: Twitter Facebook
Water Security (WSIM-GLDAS) Monthly Grids, v1 (
1948 – 2014)
- View Recommended Citation(s)
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
ISciences, and Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University. 2022. Water Security Indicator Model - Global Land Data Assimilation System (WSIM-GLDAS) Monthly Grids, Version 1. Palisades, New York: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). https://doi.org/10.7927/z1fn-kf73. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
ENW (EndNote & RefWorks)†
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
This data set contains 38 downloadable files in netCDF (.nc) format that identify and characterize surpluses and deficits of freshwater, and the parameters determining these anomalies, at monthly intervals over the period January 1948 to December 2014. Each downloadable object is a compressed zip file, containing: 1) global raster in netCDF format, 2) Readme, and 3) PDF documentation. The zip files range from 1.5 to 3 GB in volume.
Each "class" of variables contains four time periods (1-month, 3-month, 6-month, and 12-month). These are the variable descriptions:
- Composite Surplus and Composite Deficit Index
- Composite Surplus Anomalies and Composite Deficit Anomalies
- Monthly Potential Minus Actual Evapotranspiration (PETME)
- Monthly Total Precipitation Summed over the Integration Period
- Maximum Monthly Total Blue Water, or Flow Accumulated Runoff, over all Months in the Integration Period
- Minimum Monthly Total Blue Water, or Flow Accumulated Runoff, over all Months in the Integration Period
- Total Blue Water, or Flow Accumulated Runoff, Summed over the Integration Period
- Total Runoff Summed over the Integration Period
- Soil Moisture Averaged over the Integration Period
- Monthly Air Temperature Averaged over the Integration Period