- To provide a vector (point) version of the input administrative units used in GPWv3 for use in data integration.
- The Gridded Population of the World, Version 3 (GPWv3): Centroids consists of estimates of human population counts and densities for the years 1990, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2010, and 2015 by administrative unit centroid location. The centroids are based on the 399,781 input administrative units used in GPWv3. In addition to population counts and variables, the centroids have associated administrative unit names and the land area of contained within the administrative unit. GPWv3 is produced by the Columbia University Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN) in collaboration with Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical (CIAT).
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University, and Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical - CIAT. 2005. Gridded Population of the World, Version 3 (GPWv3): Centroids. Palisades, New York: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). https://doi.org/10.7927/H4TT4NWQ. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
- Available Formats:
- vector, tabular, map service