- View Recommended Citation(s)
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Hauer, M., and Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University. 2021. Georeferenced U.S. County-Level Population Projections, Total and by Sex, Race and Age, Based on the SSPs, 2020-2100. Palisades, New York: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). https://doi.org/10.7927/dv72-s254. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
Hauer, M. E. 2019. Population Projections for U.S. Counties by Age, Sex, and Race Controlled to Shared Socioeconomic Pathway. Scientific Data 6: 190005. https://doi.org/10.1038/sdata.2019.5.
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
This data set consists of vector data in Shapefile (.shp) format and tabular data in Excel (.xlsx) format. The zip files are grouped according to total population, population by sex, population by race, and by 18 age group intervals ranging from 0 to 85 and over.
Total Population, Population by Sex, Population by Race (vector) [477 MB .shp zip file]
Total Population, Population by Age, Population by Sex, Population by Race (tabular) [98 MB .xlsx zip file]
Population by Age Groups
- 0-25 (0-4, 5-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29) [449 MB .shp zip file]
- 30-55 (30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59) [449 MB .shp zip file]
- 60-85+ (60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85 and older) [449 MB .shp zip file]
Data Dictionary [461 KB .xlsx zip file]