- View Recommended Citation(s)
- Recommended Citation(s)*:
Center for International Earth Science Information Network - CIESIN - Columbia University. 2022. Global Gridded Relative Deprivation Index (GRDI), Version 1. Palisades, New York: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). https://doi.org/10.7927/3xxe-ap97. Accessed DAY MONTH YEAR.
* When authors make use of data they should cite both the data set and the scientific publication, if available. Such a practice gives credit to data set producers and advances principles of transparency and reproducibility. Please visit the data citations page for details. Users who would like to choose to format the citation(s) for this dataset using a myriad of alternate styles can copy the DOI number and paste it into Crosscite's website.
† For EndNote users, please check the Research Note field for issues with importing authors that are organizations when using the ENW file format.
The data include the final GRDIv1 and six component inputs, and are available in GeoTIFF format at ~1 km resolution. The downloadables are compressed zip files containing: 1) GeoTIFFs, 2) Readme.TXT file, and 3) PDF Documentation.
Downloaded Zip files must be uncompressed in a single folder using either WinZip (Windows file compression utility) or similar application. Users should expect an increase in the size of downloaded data after decompression.
A complete zip package including the GRDIv1 and its components in GeoTIFF format is available for download here:
Or users may download separate zip files for the GRDIv1 and its individual components here:
- GRDIv1 [115.5 MB]
- BUILT Component [98.3 MB]
- Child Dependency Ratio (CDR) Component [45.0 MB]
- Infant Mortality Rates (IMR) Component [25.3 MB]
- Subnational Human Development Index (SHDI) Component [24.7 MB]
- VIIRS Nighttime Lights (VNL) 2020 Component [63.8 MB]
- VIIRS Nighttime Lights (VNL) Slope Component [66.5 MB]
- Filled Missing Values Count [2.5 MB]